Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Inquiry plan in progress

I began my inquiry plan on the Monday after Halloween so it was naturally noisy all day and they were rather chaotic. I also had a noisy day the next day and then paid for it the rest of the week! They were slightly quieter when I became quieter those three days but, in general, they were loud all week. I started to rethink my plan. I wonder if it might be better if I had those two noisy days, a week of quiet days and then on the third week of trials, have two noisy days and then see if they quiet down those three days. I believe that I am going to find that I need to be consistently quiet for it to really work over time. They are calmer when I am calmer but I also notice that they are also not as motivated or interested. When I act a bit silly to really peak their interest, they get louder and more chaotic. If I am serene, they have a tendency to daydream or occupy themselves with just about anything they can find in their desk. I guess it is all about balance! Next week I will film my video segment to give you a peak into my world:)

1 comment:

  1. I like how you are thinking about how your behavior directly impacts theirs. Can you be more specific about what you mean by noisy vs. quiet days. Do you do more hands on activities during the noisy days? How are you measuring noisy? Eager to see what you see in the video?

    ReplyDelete